Friday 3 January 2014

December Blog Post

25th November- 13th December

15.11.13 - Improvisation and Instant Composition
In this lesson I had a lot of questions... Am I copying? Am I following? Do I fill in the gaps? Am I in the way? Am I restricting movement?
I found this task confusing to be honest, each time we did it with a different partner, I still couldn't get into it. However, the final time we did it, I felt I could completely comprehend. I realised that I didn't have to copy to be a part of the dance. I complimented in a way that felt right to me.

29.11.13- Feldenkrais
I felt that in this particular lesson I learnt something that Feldenkrais hadn't taught me in previous lessons. We learnt about the four cardinal (?) points of the body. Baring weight on two hands and two feet. I was able to test my balance in a simplistic way without complicating it with grand movements. I suppose I really understood the purpose of this technique, to take things back to basics.

6.12.13 - Experiential Anatomy
In this lesson, we were talking about the structure of the spine. Typically, you would think that it is rigid and straight however, if you think of all the ways in which the spine can be moved, it is quite malleable. When drawing a picture, I drew honeycomb because it represents the spaces in between the spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment