Thursday 27 February 2014

Release Based Contemporary

I have enjoyed learning new phrases in this terms Release Based Contemporary lessons. This is just one of the many phrases we have learnt. Since recording this video, we have spent more time during lesson perfecting the technique aspects of the phrase, in particular, the turns to the corner and the falling into the run.

 
Take One



After watching this video, I realised there were some areas I could improve. In particular, I feel I could improve my arm line when leaning backwards after the balance to the back corner. My arms raise too high, they need to be parallel to my extended leg. I also feel I could improve the fall at the end of the sequence.

Here is the second take of the phrase including the improvements I made.

 
Take 2


No comments:

Post a Comment