Monday 16 January 2012

Weekly Overview

Monday 9th January- Friday 13th January

I apologise it’s been a while since I last posted anything on here. There was some stuff I was going to put on here before the holiday but I didn’t have a chance to. Anyway…

I always think after a long break its quite easy to fall out of routine and then it becomes very hard to refocus when its time to get back to work. And this time there was no exception! We began going straight back into how we working before Christmas and I couldn’t keep up. I had had the whole of last term to build myself up and then I felt as if I was starting in the deep end again. I needed more time to fully engage in the work we were doing and regain my focus levels. However, I did slowly get back into the swing of things and now after a week I feel I can fully concentrate again.

Coming back also made me realise how lose my body was before the holiday and how stiff I had become during this time. Stretching and lengthening really helped me to feel free again and open spaces inside my body. My spine was particularly tense and needed to relax and stretch out.

This week, we began discussing our duets in Choreographic Workshop. I am really looking forward to starting them soon because we haven’t had a chance to work with someone else in so much detail before. I feel I would like to be partnered with someone who I haven’t done a lot of class work with, but someone I still feel comfortable around. I can’t wait to find out our partners to begin looking at ideas and movement.

For the first time this week, I met up with Karen, a 3rd year student to work on her FMP piece. The company is called Perspective, and we had our first meeting all together to discuss what she would like in her work and what our thoughts were. Karen would like to use different improvised scores in her piece and then change between them. This change, would be indicated by wither a change on light or music. We listened to Karen read out a score and then moved to it as we listened. I felt myself using movements I hadn’t before and finding new and different ways to move my body. I really surprised myself and I came away from the meeting feeling really positive!

Let’s see what next week brings…

No comments:

Post a Comment