Tuesday 23 October 2012

Improv 10/10/12

We started by working in pairs with a connection between our spines. We had to feel each others breath through the back. We then had to move but keeping this connection through the spine. I was working with Hannah Gray. After the task we spoke about how I was very engaged in the task and therefore I wanted to explore more. On the other hand, Hannah did not feel as ready as I did and therefore she was more reluctant to try bigger movements.
 
The task progressed and we came into larger groups. It was an odd feeling as we couldn't see who we were working with and therefore we had no judgements of how they were moving and how I should move around them. I feel if I had known before who I was connecting with, I wouldn't have been as open and willing in my movement.
 
After this, we regrouped into our pairs for the next task. This was to find a neglected, empty space within Ellen Terry to sit and observe. We needed to write down what we noticed in the space but individually. After, we could compare our notes.
 
Here is what I noticed:




 

We found that Hannah wrote more literal notes whereas mine were less obvious. I feel that I did this conciously so that I could find deeper things rather than just scraping the surface.

I really enjoyed this lesson more than expected. I think since last year, my preconceptions of this lesson have changed and now I can fully understand and appreciate them. I can find a deeper meaning to things and use this to benefit my individual dance practise.

No comments:

Post a Comment