Sunday 27 November 2011

Weekly Overview

Monday 21st- Friday 25th November 2011

This week has been quite a significant one for me becasue I feel I have learnt a lot of new things. Looking back at my journal has refreshed my mind of all the smaller details in lessons as well as the main aims.

In the technique phrase class on Monday, we started by focusing on the shoulder blades. I did not realise mine pinched together when my arms were in second. To begin with I really struggled to understand how to put it right by using my muscles. I needed a partner to place their hand on my back in order for me to feel the problem and begin to put it right. Now I understand, I need to keep working to improve it. I have put an image in my journal that will stand out and help me to remember this in future.




In our Experiential Anatomy lesson, we learnt how to body surf. It is used as a basic tool in contact improvisation. I haven't ever done anything like this before and it was so much fun! This has been one of my favourite lessons so far because we got to learn something new and still enjoy it.

In the Choreographic Workshop, we had to perform our solos. I was really nervous about this because I had never been watched alone by this group of people before. Once Ih ad done it I felt so relieved and now I know it won't be as bad next time! I also had some valuable feedback from the lecturers, year 3 students and members of my class.

In improvisation we learnt about the apendage and axial skeleton. I have looked into anatomy before but I have never heard of the skeleton being split into two sections. I found it interesting to try and inititate movement from each one and how the style of movement differed.

I hope next will bring as many new thoughts as this week did...


No comments:

Post a Comment