Friday 12 April 2013

22nd Jan

Contact Improvisation

In this lesson we normally swap partners throughout the duration, however in this particular lesson
we stayed with the same partner. This has both its advantages and disadvantages I find.

Advantage- You can grasp the aim of the lesson and really understand the technique without having to then figure the same thing out with another partner. It also gives you the opportunity to experience others preferences when doing CI.

Disadvantage- You are only able to experience how one person likes to work rather than several. I feel it makes you less able to adapt to others as quickly because you have become set in your ways.



In this lesson I worked with Ben. He always educates me when I work with him and helps me improve on my technique. I have learnt that I need to keep my pelvis attached to my partner all of the time if I am going to be successful in contact improvisation. I have also learnt that I need to give even more weight into my partner so that it makes it easier for the both of us to move. Once I had improved these, we were able to move so freely and smoothly together. We both became so involved in the movement, once we started, we found it hard to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment