Sunday 11 March 2012

Weekly Overview

Monday 5th March- Friday 9th March

The choreographic workshop lesson  gave me time with my partner to practice our duet and to spend time discussing as well. We found it most effective to work in short bursts, swapping between talking/ journalling and dancing. This was a new way to structure our rehearsals and I think we should continue this way because it was best for us.

We made a timeline of our piece in order to structure it into sections. We are coming to the end of our making and beginning to see the end. After performing our duet to some members of the class they gave us some feedback to think about. We were advised to make the work more dynamic by adding a range of tempos and pauses.

Later on in the week, we had made time for another duet rehearsal. I feel as thoughwe have done the improvised section so many times that we are becoming bored of it and we repeat what we have done before. Its not spontaneous, its vague and unclear. In order to recover this, I think that we should ignore the improvised section for a short time before returning to it again.

In SRT this week, I really feel as though I engaged with the lesson fully. I found it easy to grasp the feeling of the movements and this is the reason why I was so focused. The idea of loose legs was present within my body. I could imagine a ragdoll with two legs hanging from the body. I enjoy SRT more when I am fully engaged, so I hope to maintain this every week.

Finally we had our workshop with Florence Peak working with pen and paper. The idea was to trace the movements and the shapes your partner made on the paper. I found it difficult to keep up with Emma even though she wasn't moving fast. In every move, there was possible potential for a pen line.

Personally, I prefered to trace than to move because I felt too enclosed on the paper. We then transformed the art into scores and begain moving to other peoples drawings. Emma and I discussed that you see the tempo the dancer was moving at depending on how much colour/lines were on the paper. I would like to try this lesson again but use bigger pieces of paper in order to overcome the feeling of restriction.

No comments:

Post a Comment