Sunday 11 March 2012

Year 2 IPP Performances

Fiona Jackson- The traces left behind
  • I liked the idea of creating a journey through space as well as recording ti on the paper at the same time.
  • The quotes hanging gave me an insight to what Fiona thought was relevant to her piece. Almost looking at it from her perspective.
  • It was interesting to look at the process she has gone through and developed by looking at the work leading up to the work she was creating on the day.
  • It was my first experience of walking around a space looking at visual art as well as the movement as well. There was so many things to look at and take in.
  • Were the marks on the paper deliberate and thought about or completely random?
  • Inspired by other artists using the body to create a picture.

Oana Rotariu- Stages
  • Based on the textures of different materials. How you can explore them and mold them to be what you want to be.
  • Movement was varied. Sometimes slow, sometimes erratic.
  • Putting the material up her top and cradling it- symbolising the relationship of mother and baby? Touch?
  • The idea of dancing with just a small lamp is something I hadn't witnessed before. Made me look for closely at what she was  doing.
  • The atmosphere in the room felt different to what it normally would in that room. Everyone was almost in a trance watching the piece. Silence.
  • The silence meant you could hear the material on the floor or against Oana. I don't know if this is something she intended.

Julia McCaughley- Behind the mask
  • This piece seemed very emotional and deep. It seemed a significant thing for Julia to do on a personal level as well as sharing it with an audience.
  • I liked the setting for this piece because it is something that I didn't expect and somewhere I haven't been before.
  • Hiding behind something that isn't you and then stripping it bare again. Exposing.
  • Thought provoking piece. Made me ask questions about myself and society.
  • People laughing in the audience- through shock? I think Julia did really well to remain focused at these times in her piece.
  • Cleansing away the insecurities, impurities, becoming a new person, coming out into the open.

Joana Tischkau- Fieldwork
  • This task seemed to be very personal because all of the items she used belonged to her and obviously represented something.
  • Joana was a brave and fearless performed in order to undress whilst surrounded by the audience, especially with it being people she is close to.
  • She was organising and categorising the items she had. What groups was she putting them in to?
  • I really enjoyed listening to her speak the German language, it made me concentrate so much more than just silence because I was intrigued by it. She was making a list of some of the items she had brought with her.
  • The music was interchanging and intermittent. I think that she had selected songs that meant something to her or reminded her of a memory throughout her life.
  • I would like to know if this piece was improvised or structured.

No comments:

Post a Comment