Monday 5 March 2012

Replay

I recently revisited the Siobhan Davies Replay site to look for dances that I could take inspiration from for mine and Emma's duet. I looked in the Scrapbook at all the things I had previously saved in there. The one thing that stood out for me was To Hand.

To Hand
Date: 2011
Venue: Whitechapel Gallery, London
Choreographer: Siobhan Davies
Film Director: Neil Wissink
Dance Artists: Matthias Sperling


I have a lot of questions to ask about this piece because it interests and intrigues me. For example, can it be classed as dance? Where did this ideas and inspiration come from? Was it specifically made for Matthias Sperling? How long did it take to create?

I think I have an interest in this piece because I have seen the work he create for the Yr 2 dancers and their performance projects. To date, I don't know much about his background and other work he has done but I would like to look into this further.

1 comment:

  1. can you answer the questions you have written yourself? I think now that I have just looked at this post, Im more intrigued about it. Then maybe we can both share our ideas :)
    x

    ReplyDelete