Tuesday 20 November 2012

Katye Coe- Work in Progress Showing

Replacing me with her

This work investigates how it is to be seen and heard... an interrogation of self and selves... a wrestle with the unknown without improvisation... inviting questions in space and thinking... and a little bit of English Dancing!

 Tonight is a work in progress and your thoughts are welcome

I acknowledge the text of philosopher Emmanual Levinas (Outside the Subject) and the poems of Jorie Graham (Notes on the reality of Self). Also thanks to Manuela Bondavalli and the To Dance Festival 2012 in Brescia, Milan where the first chapter of this work was realised in September this year.

Katye Coe
 
 
 
  •  I understand the idea of being seen and heard in relation to the piece.
  • I understand the interrogation of self.
  • I can see the characteristics of the performer in the piece, ie. running.
  • I understand the the English Dancing!
  • Interrogation of selves? Who?
  • Where did it come from?
  • I don't understand the piece as a whole and I am fine with saying I don't understand. Its not like im trying to offend the artist by saying I don't get it, but I just don't? I understand aspects within it quite easily but I don't feel the title reflects what I saw and understood in the work.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment