Tuesday 27 November 2012

My Story Board



This is my story board that we were all asked to create before our second intensive day. It was based on the improvisation tasks that we had done on Monday. The aim was to have movements that could be arranged into a solo, although it did not have to be set material.

I continued with the idea of the negative and positive attitudes I had from our discussion on Monday.

As you can see, I was very vague with the negative ideas. To begin with, I simply labled them a negative flashbacks as a contrast from the positive movements. At a later time I was going to decide exactly what that would become.

The positive moments were much more obvious and defined. I was able to pin point exact movement from the improvisation tasks and through feedback from Marina. They are based on new things I have learnt during my time at Coventry University or thing that have been brought to my attention quite vividly. For example, thinking of my floating skull and the alignment of my body through my spine, the connection of my arms to the torso and improvisation.


I set it out in a way so there was no start and no end, each box could be taken in any order. I took this idea from how Marina explained this task to us, it was just the way in which I understood it. My layout was different to everyone elses in Small Boat but I think my story board works best for me in this particular way.

I was interested to see what everyone would take away from the improvisation tasks and how they would make it there own. Even though we all had the same tasks we all discovered completely different things about ourselves.

I was anticipating what we would do with our story boards...

No comments:

Post a Comment