Monday 26 November 2012

Rosemary Butcher

I didn't know what to expect from this piece becasue I don't think I've seen any of her work before, especially not live. I was anticipating what to expect because we had been recommnded so strongly to come and see it.

After watching the piece, I didn't quite know what to think. I had made plenty of notes throughout the duration of the performance but I couldn't quite sum it up. I tend to pick up on smaller details rather than the bigger picture and this is why I believe I didn't know what to say.

Here are the notes I made to try to help me explain what I saw and my views on the work.

  • Basic hand gestures
  • Crossing pathways
  • Exploration
  • Discovery
  • Clear and defined
  • Sudden shift
  • Site responsive
  • Rotations
  • Touch and sense
  • Pitter patter
  • Careful
  • Minimal
  • Simplisitc
  • Rebound
  • Pressing
  • Hypnotic
  • Hollows in the skin

No comments:

Post a Comment