Wednesday 1 February 2012

Body Story- Initial Plans

I wanted to start doing some research about what areas and questions I would like to cover in my Body Story. We were given the brief before Christmas to look over, and I was really excited about what I could learn from doing this study. I have wanted to look into areas of anatomy in depth before but never had the chance to. However, doing this Body Story will give me the perfect opportunity to conduct my own research and question aspects of my body I may not quite of understood before.

I created a mind map for each section to help me come up with ideas I would like to continue to develop.

 
Section 1
In this section, I would like to focus on the first question.
1.  Select two systems of the body that you have studied (skeletal, muscular, articular, respiratory). Discuss their structure, function, interconnectedness and how this understanding contributes to your development as a dancer.
I would like to study the muscular and skeletal systems for my Body Story. The word interconnectedness really stuck in my head, and with these two body systems, I think I could really explore and research this. I can research how one system cannot work without the other and how important they are for humans to function correctly.
Planning:
·         Closely related to each other.
·         Discuss how they are connected with tendons and ligaments.
·         Osteoporosis article.
·         Remember structure, function, interconnected!
·         Research articles, books, data, images, journals.
·         Anatomy colouring book.

How it contributes to your development as a dancer:
·         Growing rates can cause imbalances and alignment problems.
·         Injuries.
·         Recovery time.


Relate Section 1 to Section 2!


Section 2

Reflect on your own experiences of your body moving. These may include critical events in your life that shaped your opinion of, ideas about, image of, attitudes towards your body.
This section is where I need to talk about something more personal to me and something that is of interest to me. I would like to talk about an area of my body that I have experience slight problems with during the past. I have had to retrain this area in order to function properly and continue my dance training in a safe manner. The area I would like to focus on is my knee because I have had previous alignment problems which I have seen a physiotherapist about. Therefore, I would like to look into this in more depth in order for me to understand the problems I have had.
Planning:
·         Look into joints, fluid, muscles, nerves, tendons and ligaments surrounding it.
·         How could my previous problem have been caused?
·         Is it inherited or self-inflicted.
·         Images.
·         Where problems can stem from.
·         Studying at University has made me think about alignment in parallel more (knees falling over toes). How have I become more aware of it over last few months?
·         Maybe do a self-directed study over a period of time to aid research and to use as evidence. Aim is to correct knee alignment until it becomes a subconscious process. Keep a record of this to put into Body Story.
·         Anatomy colouring book.

No comments:

Post a Comment