Thursday 23 February 2012

Movement Studies Tasks

Task 1
  • Whilst doing the task, I felt as if I concentrated on how the different areas of my body moved together and how the felt against the floor, rather than independently.
  • I found it hard to isolate some areas in my body. It sets off a chain reaction into other body parts.
  • Explored only only the floor rather than standing.
  • Arms experienced different feeling to what the legs did.
Arthrometric Model >


Task 2
  • I really enjoyed exploring the ribs. I found it interesting because I haven't done this before.
  • It made me think about my ribs in a new and different way.
  • I would like to try this exercise again to explore in more detail and to spend more time on it.
  • The others I worked in the space with found it hard to feel their ribs therefore, I was trying to feel them in order to help them to find them.
  • It helped me to feel someone else's ribs as well as my own.
  • I didn't realise how they slanted upwards at the back and how they hinged. I found it quite strange to visualise this.

Task 3
  • I did this task several times to really understand it.
  • I'm still not sure how the iliopsoas all connects inside the body, although the picture on the work sheet did help.
  • Requires deep concentration and thought.
  • Could have done with someone to read the exercise first time through before I knew it.
  • I found it helped wearing less layers of clothing.
  • I think I need more practise at this one to fully understand and be able to feel it.
  • Very complex, deep within the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment