Thursday 16 February 2012

Weekly Overview

Monday 30th January- Friday 3rd February

At the start of our phrase class, I felt engaged in the task but completely out of focus. I didn't know how to bring myself into the space without being covered in a sort of haze. However, my focus soon improved. 
We learnt a new phrase from the corner '1234 and 1234 and 1234...'. To begin with, I found it difficult to match the timing with the feet however once I had got this working for me I found it quite easy. I felt I travelled across the space well and remembered all the key elements associated with the corner sequences. We added in arms after which didn't necessarily help me to do the phrase easier, but added to it.

In choreographic workshop, we talked about how the work we create is seen by the audience. We discussed where to place the audience, their interpretation, expectations, duration, proximity, amongst others. I believe that this discuss will really help when creating my duet with Emma because they are all important factors to consider.

I spent some time thinking of what ideas I would like to present to Emma for our duet. I created a mind map of basic ides that we could build on and add to. I asked myself questions such as sound or no sound? props or no props? I want to see what ideas Emma has so we can collaborate and begin to try some ideas in the studio.

Experiential anatomy was a really interesting lesson for me this week. We spoke about the 3 points of contact in the hands and feet which I have previously blogged about. I don't know why but something really clicked inside my head. I think its because my attention has never been drawn to thinking about this before. I honestly could have spent hours just experimenting and playing with this idea and then going against the natural ways to move. I would like to spend more time doing this sort of work because it really interests me and boggles my brain!! :P

This was our first SRT lesson with Polly. I was really looking forward to seeing how she taught us in comparison to the guest teachers we had previously. The partner graphics were really easy to follow and understand. The way Polly explained them was very similar to the way I felt them. I guess this is due to the experience she has doing them. I am looking forward to learning even more graphic over the coming lessons.

Overall, I have enjoyed the lessons this week. I know I probably say that every week but I like to learn new things and experience them for myself. We are constantly building on what we have already learnt to further our experimenting with movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment