Monday 6 February 2012

Warm up

6/02/12
Technique: Phrase Class

Today we warmed up in the way we usually would:
  • Walking becoming running: Floating skull, relaxing the arms, leading with the toes.
  • Lunge and lifting the arm: Keeping arms in connection with the spine.
  • Rolling down and padding out: Going through the vertebrae, weight distribution, loose skull and shoulders, keeping head and tail connected.
  • Plie in second: Keeping knees over toes, dropping pelvis.
  • Arms in second: Shoulders down, hands in front of the body, arms lengthening away, not straight.
  • Rising: Skull lifting upwards, not rising forwards, going straight up.
When doing the tasks I try to think of all these points in order to improve my technique. I also try to take theses forward into the phrases we learn to help me to perform them better.  I felt that today I was quite focused in this task which enabled me to do all the movements to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment