Thursday 16 February 2012

Workshop with Charlie Morrissey

Lifting in Partners
  • Found the lifting lighter than I expected because of momentum and counter balance.
  • My partner Ben, helped me to improved how I was doing something if it wasnt quite right.
  • We worked out the problems and faults to put them right and do it better the next time.
  • This is also how I got my black eye!!!

Observing -with a hint of ice ;)
  • Using partners weight.
  • Resisting your partner.
  • Flowing, relaxed, effortless, inventive, beauty.
  • Unrehearsed and improvised, yet organised and controlled.
  • Moving each other across the space.
  • Almost a sense of caring for your partner.


Working with my duet partner
  • Working with our eyes closed was better than when they were open.
  • Gave us some inspiration and ideas to play around with in the studio.
  • We created some interesting, unusual shapes.
  • Creative without intension.
  • Like working with skull and body contact.
  • Need to remain focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment