Thursday 23 February 2012

Improv Task

We had to continue the task in groups of three from the previous lesson.  Beginning  by taking the weight of the arms and then finishing by echoing the movements of the middle person. Here are my thoughts on this:

  • I found it hard to grasp my arms doing two completely different things even though I knew I wasn't in control. I felt really unco-ordinated.
  • Lifting the shoulder blades was a nice feeling. It felt as though space was created within and belowe my rib cage.
  • When I was lifting the others shoulder blades, I didnt realise how high they would go. They seem really tollerent to a lot of force.
  • When the arms were being brushed as I moved them it reminded me of how seaweed floats.
  • I found it hard to transition from my arms being lead to then leading them myself. Almost felt unsure and insecure.
  • I didnt feel the touching was beneficial for me. I dont quite know why but it didnt help. I found it hard to continue touching someone and echo them at the same time. I couldnt co-ordinate myself.
  • Being copied felt unnatural. Maybe this is because I was sandwiched between two people who couldnt predict what I was going to do next. I felt restricted.
  • Maybe I would have found different results with different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment